What Does It Taste Like?
Hoda and Jenna have popularized a simple yet delectable queso dip that’s a sensation among food enthusiasts. This cheesy wonder is a harmony of rich, creamy Velveeta cheese blended with the zesty flavors of Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chiles.
The result is a slightly spicy, incredibly cheesy dip that’s perfect for dipping tortilla chips. It’s a crowd-pleaser that combines the comfort of melted cheese with a tangy kick from the tomatoes and chilies.
Introduced to Hoda and Jenna’s Dip
This renowned queso recipe gained fame as a staple from the back of Velveeta and Ro-tel cans. Recently, Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager shared this favorite recipe on “The Kelly Clarkson Show.” A symbol of simplicity and flavor, this dip has been a long-standing favorite, making its way into many kitchens due to its ease of preparation and delightful taste.
1 Block Velveeta Cheese
1 Can 16.oz Refried Beans
1 Can 16 oz. Diced Tomato and Chili
1 Pound of Ground Beef
1/2 Diced Onion
1 Pack Taco Seasoning
1 Cup Evaporated Milk
- Preparation: Cube the entire block of Velveeta cheese into smaller pieces for easier melting.
- Microwaving: In a microwave-safe bowl, place the cubed Velveeta cheese. Pour the entire can of Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chiles (undrained) over the cheese.
- Heating: Microwave the mixture on high for about 5 minutes, pausing to stir after 3 minutes. This will ensure even melting and blending of the cheese and tomatoes.
- Consistency: Stir until the queso is smooth and fully combined. The result should be a warm, creamy, and slightly spicy queso dip.
- Serving: Once ready, the queso dip is best served warm and ready for dipping with your favorite tortilla chips.
Can Pregnant Women Eat This?
When it comes to pregnancy and food safety, it’s essential to be cautious. While the ingredients in the dip are generally safe, pregnant women should consider the possibility of listeria in unpasteurized cheese products.
Velveeta, being a processed cheese, is typically safe, but it’s recommended to check for pasteurization.
Additionally, some pregnant women might opt to avoid spicy foods, so it’s advisable to consume this dip in moderation or adjust spice levels to personal preference.
Hoda and Jenna’s queso dip has cemented its place as a go-to for many, especially during gatherings or game nights.
While the basic recipe is fantastic, there are ample ways to elevate it, adding creaminess with cream cheese or enhancing the flavors with additions like ground beef, jalapeños, sausage, or even crab meat. With its simplicity and versatility, it’s a recipe that fits any occasion and satisfies diverse tastes.
In conclusion, Hoda and Jenna’s queso dip is not just a recipe; it’s a culinary gem that marries simplicity with irresistible flavors, making it a beloved dish for all occasions.